We were the first church established in the Ada-Cascade area. A meeting of the Congregational Council of Churches of Kent County was called on September 24, 1849, for the purpose of organizing the Cascade Congregational Church. Cascade, at that time, was composed of the geographical area known to us as Cascade Township and Ada Township.
In April of 1850, a new place of worship closer to where a majority of the members lived was established in Ada on Bronson Street. The name was changed to The First Congregational Church of Ada.
On September 26, 1870 the congregation voted to build the original building that is the new Ada Township office today.
In 1962, The church voted to become a part of the United Church of Christ, following the 1957 merger of two historic mainline denominations: The Evangelical and Reformed Church and the Congregational Christian Churches.
In 1988 we broke ground on our beautiful new church home. Our first service was on June 11, 1989. Today our 275 members seek to make this history a part of the Ada Community itself. We seek to use our facilities to bring inspiration and challenge to our people and service to the human needs of our community.
In 1996 we added a new education wing. This addition is another testimony to our faith and mission to our community.